VisIt’s Source Code¶
For a released version¶
If you want to build a released version of VisIt, you can download a windows installer that contains all that is necessary from the source code downloads page. Look for the VisIt Windows sources link for the particular version you want.
- CMake version 3.8 or greater.
- Don’t use the CMake included with cygwin if you plan on using the pre-built thirdparty libraries.
- Visual Studio 2017 64-bit
- Needed if you want to use our pre-built thirdparty libraries.
- NSIS Optional
- For creating an installer for VisIt. NSIS 2 is known to work. NSIS 3 hasn’t been tested.
- 7zip Optional
- Used to untar testdata files.
- Microsoft MPI. Optional
- For building VisIt’s parallel engine. Redistributable binaries and SDK’s are needed, so download and install both msmpisdk.msi and msmpisetup.exe.